The time has come to start a book club! I really want to do one IRL, as they say, because I’m a bit starved at the moment for contact with humans who can talk and don’t wet their pants (not that those attributes aren’t COMPLETELY CHARMING in the appropriate context). But I’ve already had some interest from a few people wanting to join a virtual book club, so let’s do it!
Here’s how it works:
- The book of the month is announced a few days before the start of the new month.
- I will make a weekly “check-in” post where we can all share our progress and discuss the book up to a designated chapter (to avoid spoilers).
- At the end of the month I’ll make a final discussion post where we can discuss the entire book from beginning to end.
- If enough people are on Twitter, it may be fun to set up a book club chat so we can discuss in real time! Let me know your thoughts.
- To join, comment below! Please share with anyone you know who might be interested.
The book for November 2014 is The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, and the first check-in will be Friday, November 7.
If you’d like to follow this blog so that you receive an email when there’s a new book club post (as well as any other posts), click the Follow button on the right side.
Yayyyy book club!